Tuesday 23 August 2016

Today we're celebrating Kang-Xing Jin's 10 year anniversary at Facebook! I met KX on our first day of class at Harvard. I had been up coding the night before,

Today we're celebrating Kang-Xing Jin's 10 year anniversary at Facebook!

I met KX on our first day of class at Harvard. I had been up coding the night before, and in my exhaustion I walked into class with my shirt on inside out and backwards. KX was the only person who didn't think it was weird. He later told me he didn't even notice.

KX and I ended up working on computer science and math problem sets together, and we'd go out to pizza almost every night at this place called Pinocchio's -- we called it Noch's -- in Harvard Square. We used to talk about the future and how we thought technology was going to change things. I remember very clearly the night I launched the first version of Facebook, talking with KX and a couple of other friends about how one day someone was going to build a community to connect the whole world. We never thought it might be us.

KX likes to remind me that he actually graduated from college before coming out to California. Still, over the years he's worked on almost everything we've built. He was on the team that built the first version of News Feed. He helped run our business and advertising services. Now he's in charge of a big part of the Facebook app and continues to play a huge role in shaping what Facebook is today.

KX, thank you for helping me get me through those two years of college and -- more importantly -- for helping connect so many people. You've been an amazing friend and partner every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment