Friday 22 July 2016

#DRUNK #EPISODE_2 (DECISION) After work, John was about going home when a new black jeep stopped in front of him. The door opened gently and out came Dickson, John's best friend

#DRUNK
#EPISODE_2 (DECISION)

After work, John was about going home when a new black jeep stopped in front of him. The door opened gently and out came Dickson, John's best friend. He was beaming with smiles, hoping to get a compliment from John about his new car but it didn't happen. He could see everything was wrong with his friend because unlike him, he would compliment even if he washes an old car. He held John's cheek and asked what the problem was.
John, himself didn't know what the actual problem was, whether the fact that his own assistant had slept with his girlfriend or his mother's pressure to get married or his goods which were still not in from China. Goods delayed at times but in this situation, it had taken so long. He needed to stock his shop with all the latest furniture and electronic equipment.

Dickson asked if they could go to have snacks at a nearby restaurant. That was always how he got worries off John's chest. They went with Dickson's car, all then, he hadn't still received the compliment he had been expecting.
The got to the restaurant, ordered their snacks and talked.
John narrated to him everything he had heard from Amanda. He had been meaning to marry and now that he had got a woman, he had known her real intentions of being after his money. He also talked about how his mother who is just 55 years old had been disturbing her with grandchildren issues like she was going to die soon.
Dickson couldn't help but laugh. Of course, his mother was right. John was 32 years and had to get married like him. For the third time in their friendship, Dickson advised John to get married.
"If really, I must marry, I'll have to marry a virgin like I have said years back. Women ain't loyal these days so I will look for a clean one, a virgin to marry." said John with all seriousness.
Dickson laughed so loudly as it drew people's attention. "Where on earth are you gonna find a virgin? Look, there are decent women out there, just like my wife. When I met her, she wasn't a virgin but for three years, we've been married for three good years. If you want a virgin then you'll have to wait for Juliet" said Dickson.
"Who is Juliet?"
"My daughter, she's the only virgin I know now."
"Idiot, I'll find a 28 year virgin with a job, no matter what job it is, to marry. You'll be surprised when I finally meet her. I know she is there, I just have to find her. You know I've been saying it for long, God has prepared one for me."
"Why have you brought this idea back? You used to say this even before I got married. Now I have a two year old daughter and you've still not found her. You'll die childless ooo. So how will you know a woman is a virgin? Even a born-one still says "no marriage, no sex". Every woman believes to be a virgin."
"Well, I can't tell a virgin with my eyes but God will direct my path."

The two guys continued with their snack and talks, with John still hoping to find a virgin to marry. They walked to the car after their meal. It was then that John realised the new car. He was so happy his friend had finally packed the old Mercedes for a new jeep. Dickson got all the compliments he wanted, even more than he expected. They left to where John's car was packed and left to their various homes. Dickson was still laughing on his way home about John's choice of woman, a virgin in this era.

The story continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment